Punxsutawney Phil, he of the infamous shadow, announced today that he saw no shadow upon emerging from his rodent abode, so spring will be here soon. Not a moment too soon for most of the country which has seen quite enough snow, ice and finger-numbing temperatures. Probably quite enough for Phil too, since his cozy burrow in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania was completely iced last night by a major storm.
Prognosticating rodents aside, 2011 is bound to be a better year than 2010. After all, it wouldn’t take a helluva lot to be better. My “research” (those who work with me would refer to this as playing on the internet) tells me the near economic future will be pretty much a can of mixed nuts with each handful delivering some goodies along with a few disappointments. Brazil nut anyone?
6 2011 Predictions:
- Oil prices will continue to rise (bad); growth will occur in those states involved in energy production (good)
- Interest rates will stay about the same
- Commodity prices will rise but not go crazy. For you that means a rise in prices of steel, aluminum, copper, etc.
- The U.S. economy will indeed grow enough to get out of recession levels and there will be no double-dip either
- U.S. manufacturing will experience slow but steady growth
- Social networking and mobile devices are going to be increasingly important to business so don’t get left behind
As spring draws near make sure your industrial electronic equipment is in good working order so you can complete those orders. Check out our website at www.acsindustrial.com or contact our hard-working and ever-cheerful customer service team to get help with your industrial electronic repairs.