MFG.com has reported the latest MFGWatch survey results for the 4th quarter and they are both interesting and heartening in some areas. The survey represents a cross section of industries including consumer products, machinery tools & equipment, textiles, aerospace, automotive, medical, and defense.
Here’s a quick view of the highlights:
- 53% of respondents reported growth in company sales with only 18% reporting a decline.
- 26% increased their staff, 57% stayed the same (but purchased more technology), and 14% reported a decrease in staff.
- 22% returned production into or closer to North America from a low-cost country while 69% did not
- 23%, however, reported they are researching bringing some of their production into or closer to North America while 46% said they would not
- The top 4 important factors threatening sourcing or supply chain strategies were: Logistics & Shipping costs (37%); Product Quality Compliance (37%); Availability of Competent Suppliers (35%) and
Fuel/Oil prices (29%)
- 27% reported they will be increasing their exports to foreign markets while only 2% said they would decrease exports
- The top 5 issues having the most impact on the economic & competitive future of manufacturing in their regions were: Operating Costs (51%); Access to Capital (35%); Logistics, Shipping & Energy Costs (34%); Extensive Government Regulations 31% ; Availability of Qualified Labor (31%)
There is more detail and plenty of graphs to be found in the full article on www.MFG.com.
ACS Industrial provides expert industrial electronic repair services to all of these industries and more. If you need industrial electronic services such as servo motor repair, circuit board repair, cnc equipment repair, touch screen or monitor repair, plc repair or other similar services on a large or small scale our professional service technicians are here to help. Contact our customer service reps at 800-605-6419 or you can go directly to our website at www.acsindustrial.com for more information or to submit an online repair form.